Ayesha Thapar is a prominent Indian businesswoman, entrepreneur, and socialite, who is best known as the wife of Nikesh Arora, the former president and chief operating officer of SoftBank Group and the current chief executive officer and chairman of Palo Alto Networks, a global cybersecurity leader.
|Businesswoman, Entrepreneur, Socialite
|Date of birth
|December 7, 1976
|New Delhi, India
|50 years old (as of 2024)
|Modern School, Vasant Vihar, Wellesley College, Stanford Graduate School of Business
|Nikesh Arora (m. 2014)
Ayesha Thapar was born in 1973 in New Delhi, India. She grew up in a business household and was exposed to the world of entrepreneurship from a young age. Her grandfather, L.M. Thapar, founded the Thapar Group, a conglomerate that engages in a variety of businesses including engineering, chemicals, and textiles.
Thapar finished high school at Welham Girls’ School in Dehradun, India. She subsequently went on to study Fine Arts at Parsons School of Design in New York City. Thapar worked as a brand manager for Coca-Cola after finishing her degree, before joining the Zyman Group in 2003.
|Graduate in Economics
Family & Relationship
|Father– Vikram Thapar
Mother– Jyoti Thapar
|Nikesh Arora (m. 2014)
|1 (Name not known)
Age, Nationality, Religion
Ayesha Thapar was born on 7 December 1976 and is 50 years old. He was born in New Delhi, India.
|50 years old (As of 2024)
Husband & Boyfriend’s
Ayesha Thapar’s First Husband
Ayesha has been married twice in her life. His first marriage was with Engin Yesil, a Turkish-American businessman and philanthropist, who is the founder and chairman of Lime Ventures, a private equity firm.
They got married in 2003 in a lavish ceremony in Istanbul, Turkey, attended by several celebrities and dignitaries. However, they divorced in 2007, citing irreconcilable differences.
Ayesha Thapar’s & Nikesh Arora
Her second marriage was with Nikesh Arora, one of the most influential and successful executives in the global technology industry. They got married in 2014 in a grand ceremony in Borgo Egnazia, a luxury resort in Puglia, Italy, attended by several celebrities and dignitaries, such as Masayoshi Son, the founder and chief executive officer of SoftBank Group, Eric Schmidt, the former executive chairman of Google, and Tony Blair, the former prime minister of the United Kingdom.
They have been happily married ever since and divide their time between Palo Alto, California, and Tokyo, Japan. They also have a daughter, who was born in 2016.
Height and Weight
|In feet inches – 5’7”
|In kilograms – 55 kg
Ayesha Thapar’s Net Worth
|Net worth – 2023
|$300 Million +
|Net worth in Indian rupees
|INR – 2400 Crore +
Some Lesser Facts
- Ayesha is not only an inheritor of a business legacy but also a highly accomplished businesswoman in her own right.
- Ayesha was previously married to Turkish business tycoon Engin Yesil.
- Ayesha and Nikesh tied the knot in 2014 in a grand wedding held in Italy, graced by the presence of Hollywood stars including Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis.
- Ayesha completed her schooling at Modern School in Delhi before obtaining a degree in economics from Wellesley College.
- They also had ownership of the Oriental Bank of Commerce at one point.
- Presently, Ayesha’s father, Vikram Thapar, and her brother, Varun Thapar, are leading the KCT Group.
- Thapar’s net worth is believed to be approximately $300 million because she is a successful businesswoman and entrepreneur.
- The objective of the foundation is to enhance people’s lives in India by providing them with access to education and healthcare.
Read More –
My name is Sushil Kevat and I am the author and founder of Biographywallah.com website. We share auto biographies of famous people on this blog.