Hayley Matthews is a West Indies cricketer who has played for the West Indies national team and various teams across the world. She has played in the Women’s Big Bash League, Women’s T20 Cricket Super League, The Hunderd, and Women’s Premier League. She is regarded as one of the best all-rounders in women’s cricket.
|Hayley Kristen Matthews
|Cricketer (All-rounder) Athlete (Javelin Throw)
|Date of birth
|19 March 1998 (Thursday)
|26 years old (As of 2024)
|Cathedral Primary School
|# 50 (West Indies)
|ODI– 11 November 2014 against Australia at Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
T20– 27 September 2014 against New Zealand at Kingston
She had been interested in cricket since her childhood and often went to the ground to see the matches that her father played. She went to the Pickwick Club’s ground Kensington Oval with her brother, and they ran around the ground and inside it during the breaks.
She attended the People’s Cathedral Primary School near her house and started playing for the school boy’s team around the age of 8. She became the captain of the team by the age of 11. After completing her primary schooling, she cleared the Common entrance examination and enrolled at Harrison College, which is one of Barbados’ most prestigious secondary schools. She then joined the school boy’s under-13 team, helped them to win a tournament, and captained the team in her final year as an under-13 player.
|Cathedral Primary School
Parents & Relationship
Her father’s name is Mike Matthews, and her mother’s name is Lisa Matthews. Her father played cricket as a batsman, who played in fourth position and bowled off-break as well for Pickwick Cricket Club, one of Barbados’s best cricket clubs. She has a brother named Wayne Matthews.
|Father– Mike Matthews (former club cricketer)
Mother– Lisa Matthews
Hayley Kristen Matthews aka Hayley Matthews was born on Thursday, 19 March 1998 (age 26 years old; as of 2024) in Bridgetown, Barbados. Her zodiac sign is Pisces.
If we talk about Matthews’s Husband then let us tell you that She is not married. She keeps her private life secret. Her main concentration on cricket.
|In centimeters- 170 cm
In meters- 1.70 m
In feet & inches- 5’7”
|In kilograms- 55 kg
In pounds- 121 lbs
- Youngest West Indian player (male or female) to score a century at home.
- Highest-ever individual score of 132 for the West Indies in a women’s T20I in 2022.
- Surpassing Deandra Dottin’s previous record of 112 against South Africa.
- Top allrounder award for both the T20 Blaze and CG United Women’s Super50 Cup in June 2022.
- ICC’s Women’s Player-of-the-Month award for November 2021.
Hayley Matthews WPL Auction (Year):
Matthews’ talent was recognized beyond international cricket when she was sold for INR 40 lakh to the Mumbai Indians in the inaugural Women’s T20 Challenge (WPL) auction, further highlighting her value as a cricketer.
Hayley Matthews’s Net Worth
|Net worth – 2023
|$3 Million +
|Net worth in Indian rupees
|INR- 24 Crore +
Some Lesser Facts
- She likes playing games on PlayStation, and her favorite games are Fifa and Fortnite.
- In June 2022, she was appointed as the captain of the West Indies national team.
- In 2022, she played in the Women’s T20 Caribbean Premier League and Women’s T10 The 6ixty tournament for the Barbados Royals team.
- She played for the Melbourne Renegades in the 2022-23 WBBL season.
- She played in India’s Women’s T20 Challenge Tournament for the Velocity team in 2019 and for the Trailblazers team in 2022.
- In the 2015-16 season, she played for Tasmanian Roar in Australia’s Women’s ODI National Cricket League.
- She had already played in the first division for the Pickwick Cricket Club by the age of 18.
- Matthews is a West Indies cricketer who has captained the West Indies team and played in different tournaments. She has played for Hobart Hurricanes, Welsh Fire, Melbourne Stars, and Mumbai Indians. She is regarded as one of the best West Indies cricketers.
My name is Sushil Kevat and I am the author and founder of Biographywallah.com website. We share auto biographies of famous people on this blog.