Issy Wong (Isabelle Wong) is a British cricketer who has played in all formats of cricket for England’s national team. She is regarded as one of the best-emerging pacers in England. She has played in many cricket tournaments across the world.
|Isabelle Eleanor Chih Ming Wong
|Date of birth
|15 May 2002 (Wednesday)
|Chelsea, London, England
|22 years old (As of 2024)
|Bentley Heath Primary School, Shrewsbury School
|Right arm Fast medium
Isabelle Eleanor Chih Ming Wong aka Isabelle Wong aka Issy Wong was born on Wednesday, 15 May 2002 in Chelsea, London, England. She moved to Warwickshire at the age of 5 and started attending Bentley Heath Primary School in Solihull, where she later got enrolled in a cricket program named Chance to Shine which was conducted after the school timings. She was one of the two girls out of a group of 50 boys. She joined the Knowlege and Dorridge Cricket Club near her house at the age of eight. She started attending Shrewsbury School in 2015 and studied there till 2020. She pursued an undergraduate degree in finance and management at the University of Birmingham in May 2021.
|Bentley Heath Primary School, Shrewsbury School
|University of Birmingham
|She is pursuing an undergraduate degree in finance and management at the University of Birmingham
Family & Relationship
Her father’s name is Dom Wong, and her mother’s name is Rachael. Her father belongs to South East Asia with a connection to Hong Kong. Her mother belongs to Yorkshire and is a freelance writer who writes on cricket-related topics. She has a brother named Buster Wong.
|Father- Dom Wong
|Wife Name/Husband Name/Spouse Name
She was born on Wednesday, 15 May 2002 (Age 22 years old; as of 2024) in Chelsea, London, England. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
Issy has no partner currently as she is not dating someone as of now. She is very focused on her career and wants no distractions in her life whatsoever.
|In centimeters- 168 cm In meters- 1.68 m In feet & inches- 5’6”
|In kilograms- 50 kg In pounds- 110 lbs
|Black (Blonde Highlights)
Issy Wong WPL
Wong was bought for INR 30 Lakhs by the Mumbai Indians in the WPL player auction 2023. She has been the most impressive bowler so far in the first edition of WPL. Recently she bowled the best economical spell of 2/10 in 4 overs with an economy of just 2.50 against Delhi Capitals.
Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL)
She played for Sydney Thunder in the 2021-22 WBBL season and took 7 wickets in the season. In a match against Adelaide Strikers on 9 November 2021, she scored 43 runs off 17 balls which included 6 sixes. She signed up with Hobart Hurricanes for the 2022-23 WBBL season; however, she did not play that season due to being injured.
Issy Wong’s Net Worth
|Net worth – 2023
|$2 Million + (Approx)
|Net worth in Indian rupees
|INR- 15 Crore + (Approx)
Some Lesser Facts
- During the final match of the 2019 Women’s Cricket Super League, she solved a Rubik’s Cube in 33 seconds.
- Apart from cricket, she likes playing football, and Liverpool is her favorite football team.
- Cars is her favorite film, and Lightning McQueen is her favorite character from the movie.
- Her favorite person is Fernando Torres, and her favorite cricketer is fellow English player Katherine Sciver-Brunt.
- Mumbai Indians signed her for the inaugural season of the Women’s Premier League in the 2023 auction for the base price of Rs 30 lakhs.
- In the 2022-2023 season of WBBL, she signed up for Hobart Hurricanes; however, she got injured and did not play any matches in the season.
- She played in 2020, 2021, and 2022 editions of the 100-ball tournament The Hundred for Birmingham Phoenix.
- In December 2021, she was selected for the England-A team for the series against Australia.
- In the 2021 Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy, she took 11 wickets and emerged as the third-highest wicket-taker.
- She was selected for the England Academy squad for the 2019-2020 season.
- She played for Southern Vipers in the 2019 Women’s Cricket Super League.
- In 2020, she signed up with the West Midlands regional hub team.
- In 2020, she played for the Central Sparks team in the inaugural edition of the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy.
- In December 2020, she also signed a full-time domestic contract with the England and Wales Cricket Board.
- At the age of eight, she started training at Knowle and Dorridge Cricket Club.
- She showed talent at a young age and was selected for the under-11 Warwickshire team at the age of nine.
- In 2015, she founded the women’s section of Berkswell Cricket Club with other fellow cricketers.
- In 2018, she played for the Worcestershire team.
- In 2019, she won the Women’s T20 Cup with the Warwickshire senior team and won the national competition with the under-17 Warwickshire team.
- In 2018, she played in the School Games National Cricket Finals, and in 2019, she became the first girl to be selected for the Shrewsbury School’s Boys 1st XI.
My name is Sushil Kevat and I am the author and founder of Biographywallah.com website. We share auto biographies of famous people on this blog.