Kalpana Soren is an Indian businesswoman. She is the wife of Hemant Soren, an Indian politician from Jharkhand. In January 2024, she hit the headlines for becoming the prospective chief ministerial candidate in Jharkhand after the speculated arrest of her husband in a money laundering case.
|Date of birth
|48 years old (as of 2024)
She was born in 1976 in Ranchi, Jharkhand’s capital, to a rural family from Odisha’s Mribhanj region. Her father works in business, and her mother is a homemaker. Soren has a brother, also in business, and a sister who is a teacher. She attended a private school and later graduated from a government college in her city.
Family & Relationship
|Father– Not Known
Mother– Not Known
|Nikhil, And Ansh
Kalpana was born in 1976 (age 48 years old; as of 2024) in Ranchi, Jharkhand India.
|48 years old (as of 2024)
Kalpana Soren Husband
Kalpana married Indian politician Hemant Soren on February 7, 2006. They have two sons, Nikhil and Ansh. Hemant Soren is not just the 11th Chief Minister of Jharkhand but also the current president of the state’s political party, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM). His father, Shibu Soren, is a well-known politician and a former Chief Minister of Jharkhand. Hemant started his political career in 2009 as a Rajya Sabha Member.
|Son’s- Nikhil, And Ansh
Kalpana’s height is around 5 feet 6 inches (167 cm), and her weight is approximately 62 kg (136 pounds). She has black hair and eyes. She has fair skin and a thin figure.
|In Centimeters- 167 cm In meters- 1.67 m In feet & inches- 5’6” in
|In kilograms- 62 kg In pounds- 136 lbs
Political Crisis In Jharkhand
Jharkhand, a mineral-rich state in eastern India, is facing a political crisis as its Chief Minister Hemant Soren is on the verge of losing his seat in the state assembly. Soren, who leads a coalition government of his party Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), the Congress, and the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), has been served seven notices by the Enforcement Directorate (ED), a central agency that investigates economic offenses, in connection with a mining scam. The ED has alleged that Soren and his father Shibu Soren, the JMM supremo, received kickbacks from mining companies in exchange for granting them leases during their tenure as chief ministers. The ED has also attached properties worth over Rs 130 crore belonging to the Soren family.
Kalpana Soren Net Worth
|Net worth – 2023
|$1 Million +
|Net worth in Indian rupees
|INR- 8-10 Crore (Approx)
Some Lesser Facts
- She is the daughter-in-law of Shibu Soren who is the chief of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha party.
- She runs a private school and has regularly been spotted at kid-focused events and initiatives that support women’s empowerment.
- Kalpana is an investor in the firm HS Fuel and one of its business partners.
- Kalpana Soren is an Indian businesswoman. She is married to Hemant Soren, an Indian politician belonging to the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) party. In January 2024, following her husband’s speculated arrest in a money laundering case, she made headlines for being a potential candidate for the position of Jharkhand’s chief minister.
- In January 2024, she made news for being a prospective candidate for the position of Chief Minister of Jharkhand, following her husband’s expected arrest in a money laundering case.
- She operates a private school and is frequently seen at child-centered events and projects that promote women’s empowerment.
- His father-in-law, Shibu Soren, is the leader of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha.
- She is married to Hemant Soren, an Indian politician from the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) party.
- He strongly opposed government policies such as the Chhota Nagpur Tenancy Act and the Santhal Pargana Tenancy Act.
- Soren did not attend the event, calling it a fake.
- He emerged as the leader of the opposition at the 2017 Jharkhand Global Summit.
- Still, he was also ahead in the BJP opposition during the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
- He often called himself a tribal warrior.
- Also, it inspired the views of Birsa Munda.
- Hemant and Kalpana practice their usual cycling.
- His father, Shibu Soren, was also the Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
- The government was unable to function and his term ended in 2014.
- Previously, he was elected Chief Minister of Jharkhand (2013-14) with the support of Congress and the RJD.
- Protested on the direct bank transfer in the PDS scheme.
- Hemant supported the ban on liquor in Jharkhand.
- In addition, Kalpana follows traditional activities.
- He spends his time in social activities with his family members.
My name is Sushil Kevat and I am the author and founder of Biographywallah.com website. We share auto biographies of famous people on this blog.