Lynja, whose real name is Lynn Yamada Davis, was a beloved TikTok creator known for her joyful and quirky cooking videos on the account “Cooking With Lynja.” Born on July 31, 1956, in New York City, she lived most of her early life in Fort Lee, New Jersey. Lynn graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1977 and had a successful career in telecommunications.
|Lynn Yamada Davis
|Cook, Retired civil engineering, Social Media Influencer
|Date of birth
|31 July, 1956
|68 years old
|Japan Public School
|$50 Million +
Lynn Yamada Davis, born in New York City on July 31, 1956, primarily grew up in Fort Lee, New Jersey. Following her graduation from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1977, she forged a prosperous path in the field of telecommunications. The turning point came in 2020, during the pandemic, when Lynn and her youngest child, Tim Davis, initiated their venture into TikTok. Collaboratively, they delved into the world of Cooking With Lynja, captivating viewers with their blend of humor and heartwarming content.
|Japan Public School
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology Columbia University.
|Graduate degree in civil engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. MBA and MPH at Columbia University
Lynja Family & Relationship
She hailed from a third-generation Japanese-American family and spent a significant portion of her youth in Fort Lee, New Jersey. The names of her parents are not disclosed.
|Father– Mr. Davis
Mother– Mrs. Davis
Lynja Age, Nationality
Lynja (Lynn Yamada Davis) was born on 31 July 1956 and is 68 years old. He was born in Tokyo, Japan.
|68 years old
|Son- Sean Davis Daughter- None
In 2020, during the pandemic, she started creating Cooking With Lynja videos with her youngest child, Tim Davis, as a way to keep him engaged in cinematography. Lynja’s videos quickly gained popularity for their humor and lightheartedness, attracting millions of followers. Despite facing health challenges, including esophageal cancer, she continued to share her love for cooking and life until her passing on January 1, 2024, at the age of 67.
Lynja Height and Weight
|In centimeters- 160 cm In meters- 1.60 m In feet inches- 5’4”
|In kilograms- 52 kg
Lynja’s Cause of Death
Lynja, a TikTok chef celebrated for her humor-infused cooking content, passed away at the age of 68, as revealed by her son on social media this Friday. Her son shared that her final moments were incredibly peaceful, and she was surrounded by loved ones.
According to her daughter, Hannah Mariko Shofet, Davis succumbed to esophageal cancer. In a poignant social media video, Davis’ son shared a montage of photos showcasing various stages of her life, from childhood to her time as a college student at MIT, and another capturing the proud moment of her graduation with a degree in civil engineering. He affectionately described her as “cool” and highlighted her role as a dedicated mother in images featuring her with his older brother, a professional soccer player.
The video also showcased glimpses of their old kitchen and depicted Davis engaged in running-revealing her impressive feat of completing eight marathons, as proudly mentioned by her son. Davis, a mother of four, initially started creating Cooking with Lynja videos with her youngest child, Tim. Although the follower count grew slowly initially, a breakthrough came in 2021 when a TikTok video featuring the preparation of a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich went viral, propelling her to newfound fame.
Lynja Net Worth
|Net worth – 2023
|$50 Million +
|Net worth in Indian rupees
|INR- 344 Crore +
Some Lesser Facts About Lynja
- Cooking With Lynja is a channel owned by Lynn Yamada Davis. She took birth in Tokyo, Japan, on 31 July 1956.
- As a family, they moved to Columbia, United States of America, for her education. Her parents are Mr. Davis and Mrs. Davis.
- Information about her parents and siblings has not been disclosed yet.
- She attended Japan Public School for her basic education.
- After moving to the USA, she enrolled at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Columbia University. There she graduated in civil engineering.
- She completed her MBA as well as MPH from Columbia University.
- Davis first worked at AT&T Labs, as a Systems Engineer for a medical record system.
- Then, she worked as a Project Manager for software projects at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- She created her channel on November 18, 2013, she posted her first YouTube video on April 15, 2020.
- The channel’s first video was “Keith’s Famous Pasta Sauce, Quarantine Day 11.” It featured her husband Keith Davis.
- She has nearly more than 100 million monthly views on YouTube as well as over 100 million monthly views on TikTok. She has millions of followers.
My name is Sushil Kevat and I am the author and founder of Biographywallah.com website. We share auto biographies of famous people on this blog.