Poonam Pandey was an Indian model and actress who gained fame for her controversial statements and actions. She was born on March 11, 1991, and passed away on February 2, 2024, at the age of 32 due to cervical cancer. Pandey started her career in modeling at the age of 16 and made her Bollywood debut with the film Nasha in 2013. She was known for her bold and erotic roles in movies and her controversial statements on social media. Pandey was married to her long-term boyfriend, Sam Bombay, whom she married on September 1, 2020.
|Indian model and actress Founder, Director, and CEO at Empire Bay Limited
|Date of birth
|March 11, 1991
|New Delhi, India
|32 years old (as of 2024)
|Little Flower High School, Thane, Mumbai
|Date of Death
|2 February 2024
She did her schooling education from Little Flower School, Vartak Nagar, Mumbai, and college education at the University of Mumbai, and obtained her degree in Sociology & Event Management.
|Little Flower High School, Thane, Mumbai
|University of Mumbai
|Graduate (Sociology & Event Management)
Family & Relationship
She belongs to a middle-class family. Her father is Shobhanath Pandey who is a businessman and her mother Vidya Pandey is a homemaker. She grew up with her brother Nilesh Pandey and her younger sister, Shraddha Pandey who is also a model.
|Father – Shobhanath Pandey
Mother – Vidya Pandey
She was born on Monday, 11 March 1991 in Delhi, India, and her Zodiac Sign is Pisces. Poonam Pandey belongs to Delhi, India, her religion belongs to is Hindu, and her nationality is Indian.
She got married to Sam Bombay who is a famous producer & director. The affair was revealed when Poonam Pandey became a DIG Paraskar.
|In centimeters – 168 cm In meters – 1.68 m In feet inches – 5’6” inch
|In kilograms – 56 kg In pounds – 123 lbs
|The Uncanny as Rita
|Nasha as Anita Joseph
|Love is Poison
|Malini & Co.
|GST – Galti Sirf Tumhari
|The Journey of Karma
|Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 4
|Total Nadaniyaan as Jalebi Bai
|Pyaar Mohabbat Ssshhh as Jalebi Bai
|Lock Upp as Contestant
Poonam Death Cause
Poonam, a model actress and social media sensation, died on Friday, February 2, 2024, at the age of 32. According to press accounts, she died from cervical cancer, which affects the cervix. The lower portion of the uterus. Cervical cancer is caused by a sexually transmitted infection with human papillomavirus, which is preventable by vaccination. Poonam was noted for her inflammatory Twitter tweets and involvement in a variety of projects, including the inaugural season of Lockup, presented by Kangana Ranaut. Her demise stunned and devastated her admirers as well as the entertainment business.
Poonam Pandey’s Net Worth
|Net worth – 2023
|$5 Million + (approx)
|Net worth in Indian rupees
|INR- 40 Crore + (Approx)
- On 2 February 2024, her manager took to social media to announce that she had passed away on 1 February after a battle with cervical cancer.
- As per Poonam, she spoke Marathi very well.
- Poonam owned a dog.
- Poonam once said that she desired to be reborn as Indira Gandhi.
- As per Poonam, she was a huge fan of the Indian Cricket team.
- In 2013, Poonam Pandey was approached for Bigg Boss season 7, however, she refused the offer due to money issues.
- In 2013, Poonam did a Grab Nasha Bikini on Twitter before the release of her film Nasha.
- Poonam considered actress Katrina Kaif as her inspiration.
- Poonam was followed by American singer Akon on Twitter.
- Poonam once revealed in the reality show Lock Upp that after marriage, she tried committing suicide multiple times due to the constant physical abuse by her ex-husband, Sam Bombay.
- Once Poonam revealed in an interview that she found actor Suniel Shetty an ideal husband.
- Once Poonam said that after working in the movie Nasha, she got many offers from Bollywood, however, the offers she got were not according to her expectations.
- According to Poonam, she watched the Bollywood film Dil Chahta Hai fifteen times during the pandemic.
- Poonam in an interview expressed her desire to see herself in a role, where she is in a saree and a ghoonghat.
- In an interview, Poonam revealed that she was addicted to online shopping sites like Myntra.
- In 2011, Poonam appeared as a contestant in the reality show Khatron Ke Khiladi for which she was paid fifty lakh.
- In 2013, Poonam was criticized for her acting skills in her Bollywood debut film, Nasha.
- According to Poonam, her parents never wanted her to be a part of the film industry. Poonam once revealed that when she made an announcement on Twitter about her getting naked during World Cup time, her family was surprised, however, later on, they became used to it and accepted her decisions.
- Poonam (1991-2024) was an Indian model and actress, who gained recognition through her controversial statements. She started her career in modeling at the age of sixteen. She died of cervical cancer in February 2024.
My name is Sushil Kevat and I am the author and founder of Biographywallah.com website. We share auto biographies of famous people on this blog.