Dr. Prabha Atre was a renowned classical singer, composer, vocalist, and author, was born on 13 September 1932 and was 92 years old at the time of death. Atre was born and brought up in Pune. Prabha’s parents were Abasaheb and Indirabhai Atre and she even has a sister. She was not married to anyone and she was survived by her sister.
Prabha and her sister have been interested in music and singing since childhood but never chose it as a career but someone suggested that music can help keep her mother’s health better. Atre then got leaned into music and she took classical music training.
|Indian classical vocalist
|Date of birth
|13 September, 1932
|Pune, Bombay Presidency, British India
|Training in Guru-Shishya tradition; Bachelor of Science; Bachelor of Law; Doctorate in Music (Sangeet Praveen title); Grade-IV in Western Music Theory
Prabha earned a Bachelor of Science from Fergusson College in Pune. She later completed an LL.B. from the University of Pune Law College. Her educational journey also included studying at Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal (Sangeet Alankar – Master of Music), Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London (Western Music Theory Grade – IV), and eventually earning a PhD in music.
|University of Pune Law College
|B.sc, LL.B., and PhD later
Family & Relationship
Born to Abasaheb and Indirabai Atre, educators who ignited her musical spark, Prabha found a kindred spirit in her sister Usha, sharing melodies within their artistic home. Her life, while dedicated to music, was deeply woven with family’s threads, their unwavering support
Mother– Indirabai Atre
She was born on 13 September 1932 and is 91 years old. He was born in Pune, Bombay Presidency, British India.
|91 years old (As of 2024)
Prabha Atre Husband
Numerous people on the Internet are curious to know Prabha Atre’s husband’s name and whether was she married. So, we want to inform you that Prabha did not get married. She was unmarried till her death in the year 2024. She left the world on 13 January 2024.
Prabha Atre’s Songs List
|Thumri – Mori Naa Mane…
|Tan Man Dhan Tope Varun
|Kaun Gali Gayo Shyam …
|Jaako Mana Raam
Prabha Atre’s Death Reason
Prabha left the world on 13 January 2024. She passed away due to cardiac arrest on Saturday morning. Prabha had difficulty breathing this morning. Before reaching Dinanath Mangeshkar Hospital, cardiac arrest took her life. Everyone is sending condolences to her family. We pay tribute to her efforts to polish herself and spread Indian Classical music in the world.
Prabha Atre’s Net Worth
|Net worth – 2023
|$1-$5 Million (Approx)
|Net worth in Indian rupees
|INR- 8-40 Crore
Some Lesser Facts
- Gradually she gained recognition and was one of the senior vocalists in the country and presented Kirana Gharana.
- Prabha the renowned classical singer, writer, composer, author, and researcher was inclined toward music and singing since her childhood and took training in classical singing.
- Apart from her music career, Prabha continued her studies and earned a Bachelor of Science from Fergusson College in Pune.
- She even did an LLB from the University of Pune.
- She also studied at Trinity Laan Conservatoire of Music and Dance London and Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal.
- Dr. Prabha Atre was a renowned classical singer, composer, vocalist, and author, was born on 13 September 1932 and was 92 years old at the time of death.
- Atre was born and brought up in Pune.
- Atre was not married to anyone and she was survived by her sister.
- Prabha and her sister have been interested in music and singing since childhood but never chose it as a career but someone suggested that music can help keep her mother’s health better.
- Atre then got leaned into music and she took classical music training.
Read More –
My name is Sushil Kevat and I am the author and founder of Biographywallah.com website. We share auto biographies of famous people on this blog.