Yashasvi Jaiswal is an Indian allrounder who has played for Mumbai in domestic cricket and the Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League (IPL). He is considered a hard-hitting opening batsman and has scored many hundreds in his cricketing journey.
|Yashasvi Bhupendra Kumar Jaiswal
|Date of birth
|28 December 2001 (Friday)
|Suriyawan, Bhadohi, Uttar Pradesh
|23 years old (As of 2024)
|Did Not Attend
|List A Debut
|20 September 2019
|22 September 2020
|12 – 14 July 2023
|8 August 2023
Yashasvi Bhupendra Kumar Jaiswal was born on Friday, 28 December 2001 in Suriyawan, Bhadohi, Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He had been interested in cricket since childhood; however, he had no access to training facilities as he had a poor financial background.
At the age of eleven in 2012, he moved to Mumbai to pursue his dreams of cricket. After moving to Mumbai, he met with his uncle Santosh who had a small house; however, his uncle was unable to accommodate him as he did not have any space at his home.
|Dropped due to poor financial condition
Family & Relationship
His father’s name is Bhupendra Jaiswal, and his mother’s name is Kanchan Jaiswal. His father owns a small shop in Bhadohi, and his mother is a homemaker. He has two brothers named. Tejaswi Jaiswal and Pradeep Jaiswal and a sister named Ekta Jaiswal. His brother Tejaswi also plays cricket and trains at Rajasthan Royals Academy.
|Father– Bhupendra Jaiswal (Owner of a small hardware store)
Mother– Kanchan Jaiswal (Homemaker)
|Tejasvi Jaiswal and Pradeep Jaiswal
Yashasvi Bhupendra Kumar Jaiswal was born on Friday, 28 December 2001 (age 23 years old; as of 2024) in Suriyawan, Bhadohi, Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
|23 years old (as of 2024)
Height and Weight
|In centimeters – 183 cm In meters – 1.83 m In feet & inches – 6’0” inch
|In kilograms – 70 kg (Approx)
|Chest – 38-inch
Waist – 30-inch
Biceps – 12 inch
Yashasvi Jaiswal IPL Career
Consistent performances paid off for the left-hander when the Rajasthan Royals bought him for Rs 2.4 crore at a player auction last December. Now that Ajinkya Rahane has been traded to the Delhi Capitals, Jaiswal can claim the opener role and a good stint at IPL 2020 will help him move into his A Squad and beyond in India.
- Most Runs and Wickets in a school cricket match in a tournament.
- Youngest Batsman ever to score a Double Century in List A cricket in 2019.
- Fastest half-century in IPL history.
- On 12 July 2023, on his test debut against West Indies, he became the 17th Indian batter to score a century on test debut.
Yashasvi Jaiswal’s Net Worth
|Net worth – 2023
|$2 Million +
|Net worth in Indian rupees
|INR – 15 Crore +
Some Lesser Facts
- On 16 October 2019, he scored a double hundred while playing for Mumbai against Jharkhand in the Vijay Hazare Trophy. It made him the youngest batsman ever in List A cricket to score a double century.
- He played for the Asia Cup in 2018 for India’s U-19 and his score of 85 runs helped him win the match, and also won the Man of the Match Award.
- Yashasvi soon got selected in the Mumbai Under -16 team, and eventually in India’s Under-19 team.
- Yashasvi’s parents made Jwala Singh his legal guardian and also gave him the power of attorney, and the man responsible for all his decisions.
- He kept on playing and within a short period, he had scored 52 centuries and took more than 200 wickets.
- Yashasvi soon moved to Singh’s place, who took care of him, provided him with everything, and trained him every day. He also encouraged Yashasvi to take part in competitions.
- Singh talked to him and got to know that he used to stay in a tent with the gardener and groundsmen. He offered him a place to stay and also told him that he would take him under his wing.
- He would often go out to lunch with his friends at the cricket club and would ask them to bear the expenses for him.
- Thereafter, his uncle helped him secure a place in the Muslim United Cricket Club in Azad Maidan, Mumbai.
- Yashasvi is an Indian cricket player from Uttar Pradesh. He came into the spotlight when he became the youngest player in the world to score a List A double century.
- He belongs to a financially weak family. His father used to run a small hardware store and wasn’t able to make ends meet.
- At the age of 11, Yashasvi decided to move to Mumbai to pursue his dream of playing for the Indian Cricket Team.
- His father did not stop him from leaving, as he was not able to feed his family of four, and their house did not have any space for another adult.
My name is Sushil Kevat and I am the author and founder of Biographywallah.com website. We share auto biographies of famous people on this blog.